Volunteering for Individuals and Families
June 16, 2018 – 9:00am
July 21, 2018 – 9:00am
August 18, 2018 – 9:00am
September 15, 2018 – 9:00am
Find out how you can get involved with TUF. We will take you on a tour of the Farm, introduce you to our programs, and help you get started on your volunteering journey. Dress for the weather. Open to adults and minors. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Looking for an on-going and meaningful way to connect to your community? We are always in need of humble hands to help make our farm look its best. The Urban Farm at Stapleton offers unique opportunities for individuals and families to add a little country to your city life.
We welcome adults and youth. Volunteering minors, under 18 yo, need to be supervised by an accompanied adult and may not be left on premises alone. Children accompanying a volunteering adult must stay with adult at all times. Typically children under the age of 5 are easily distracted by the animals and may not do well working for a longer period of time. please take this into consideration.
We have a plethora of volunteering OPTIONS. You can choose a gardening, equestrian or whole farm VOLUNTEER EVENT or GENERAL OPPORTUNITIES throughout the year or 4-H and TUF Kids ONLY events. For general opportunities we ask that you commit to a 2 hour slot on your first day as we will give you a quick tour of the farm and explain what work needs to be done. Your subsequent volunteering days can evolve from there.
Current general opportunities:
- Adopt a chicken coop project – Finish the trim and pain our new chicken coop. Fix up old sheds. All supplies are provided.
- Field Trip Leader – lead school groups around the farm (this is a paid position)
- Water the animals – daily (approx 2 hours per session)
- Spray down the riding arena (for dust control)
- General farm chores
- Vehicle maintenance (requires skilled technician)
- Adopt a Playhouse – Sweep and clean, minor repairs, weed around the playhouse
- Trash brigade – collect trash from red-topped trash cans 1x week
- Adopt a flower bed – Weekly weeding and clean-up around parking lot beds
- Greenhouse – Maintain grow-towers, aquaponics system and general clean-up
- Mowing – seasonal
- Mucking – clean out animal pens
- Poultry care – feed, water, clean up and collect eggs during the week
- Hospitality Saturdays – welcome our Farm guests on Saturdays, 10am to 1pm
- Terracycle – Help us raise money by sorting various packaging for Terracycle which cannot be recycled through Denver’s recycling program. More info about Terracycle here
Whole Farm Volunteer Events
Saturday, July 21, 2018 – Ice Cream Social – Time TBD
Saturday, September 8, 2018 9am-12pm – TUF Fall Clean-Up