Ways to Support The Urban Farm
The Urban Farm depends on support from individuals, businesses, and the foundation community in order to carry out its mission “to inspire excitement for learning through practical work experience in a farm setting while fostering respect, responsibility, curiosity, caring, and grit”.
There are a variety of ways to financially support The Urban Farm. Your contribution can make a big difference to our work.
- Make an online contribution either through our website, theurbanfarm.org or through the Colorado Gives website, coloradogives.org
- Mail a check made out to The Urban Farm. Our address is 10200 Smith Road, Denver, Colorado, 80239
- Set up a reoccurring donation through a direct transfer from your checking or savings account. In this way a small regular donation can make a big difference over time
- Make a gift of appreciated stock. If a gift of stock is made directly to The Urban Farm, any capital gain in the value of the stock is not taxed and The Farm gets the full value of the stock at the time of donation.
- If you are over 70-1/2 years of age you can make a gift directly to The Urban Farm from your IRA. The IRS allows the direct contribution of up to $100,000 per year from an IRA to qualified organizations like The Urban Farm.
- Consider a bequest or other form of planned giving. Creating a simple financial bequest in your will, a charitable gift annuity or a gift of appreciated stock may offer significant tax benefits and you will be making a great investment in the long-term ability of The Urban Farm to carry out its work.
Whatever the form of your gift, you will be making a wonderful investment in the kids of today who will be the citizens of tomorrow.
All financial gifts to The Urban Farm are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Other Forms of Support
Donating your used vehicle to The Urban Farm is an easy way to avoid the hassle of selling it yourself—and can provide us with important financial support. Call us at (303) 307-9332 to learn how easy it is to donate your vehicle.
Gifts in Kind
The Urban Farm is always looking for vehicles, tools, and equipment as well as supplies for our animal husbandry, equine education, and horticulture programs. Please call us at (303) 307-9332 or visit our website to see the kind and type of things on our “wishlist”.
All gifts in kind to The Urban Farm are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Contribute Your Time
Over the years many schools, companies and community organizations have volunteered their time and experience to help in the building, repair, and maintenance of our facilities. Contact The Urban Farm at (303) 307-9332 for more information regarding work experiences and service learning at The Farm.
The Urban Farm also has a large group of individuals who provide essential volunteer support for our programs and activities and who get a great deal of personal satisfaction in making a difference in the lives of others. Call us at (303) 307-9332 to learn more about how you can help.