TUF 4-H OPEN HOUSE – Saturday, September 22, 2018 – 11:00am to 12:30pm
Interested in 4-H? Join us at the Open House where you will be able to meet our leaders and 4-Hers, find out about our animal projects and how to register for 4-H, and get a guided tour the farm.
- 4-H year begins in October and ends in September (think of a school year.) However, anyone ages 5 to 18 can join our club year round.
- Cloverbuds are 5-7 yo
- Traditional 4-Hers are 8 to 18 yo.
- Although we are located in Denver County, The Urban Farm 4-H Club is part of the Adams County Extension.
- In order to participate at the Adams County Fair in August new members have to join 4-H and register with Adams County 4-H by May 1. Animal projects must register by April 1.
- Step 1: Join Adams County 4-H – there is a $40 fee per child
- Step 2: Contact us to let us know you registered with Adams County (ADCO)
- Step 3: Become TUF member – $60 annually, membership application
- Step 4: Pay TUF 4-H Club dues – Annually – Club dues go toward Farm fees associated with animal housing, feed, medical care, and supplies, project handbooks, fair registration fees, club parties, awards, and other items.
- Cloverbuds $60
- Traditional 4-Hers $60 for non-animal projects (table top) or for animal projects when animals are housed at 4-Her’s house.
- Animal projects when working with TUF animals:
- poultry or rabbits $120 per project, $60 each additional animal project.
- sheep or goats $160 per project, $60 each additional animal project.
Checks or cash only, made out to TUF 4-H
How do I get more information about The Urban Farm’s 4-H club? Contact TUF 4-H Organizational Leader, Amy Marrs at firstname.lastname@example.org . Better yet, stop by the Farm on most Saturday mornings and see firsthand how this remarkable program works.
Check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TUF4H for the most current TUF 4-H related info.